Director of Museum Education, National Constitution Center
Posted by National Constitution Center on January 24, 2023
The National Constitution Center is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization devoted to teaching about the Constitution. Located on Philadelphia’s historic Independence Mall, steps from where the Constitution was drafted and signed, it serves as America’s leading platform for constitutional education and debate, fulfilling its congressional charter “to disseminate information about the U.S. Constitution on a nonpartisan basis in order to increase awareness and understanding of the Constitution among the American people.”
The Education and Visitor Experience Division provides meaningful learning opportunities for the National Constitution Center’s onsite visitors and students in classrooms around the country through our virtual programming. Through a diverse portfolio of interpretive experiences, engaging programs, and online resources, we expand each learner’s understanding of, and appreciation for, the Constitution and its relevance today.
The Education and Visitors Experience team is composed of the Visitor Experience, Online Education, and Educator Professional Development. In sum total this group comprises more than 50 full-time, part-time staff and volunteer staff members who connect the Center’s mission to a variety of audiences using onsite and offsite programming and physical and digital projects.
NCC Education Principles:
- Exceed audience learning expectations and ensure a level of access in which everyone is welcome. Be friendly, respectful, engaging, and flexible. Always remember that this visit may be their first and only.
- Encourage a meaningful appreciation of the Constitution and the modern discussions today.
- Engage yourself in the mission of the Constitution Center – take responsibility for your continued development and commit to collaboration as a robust team of learners.
The Education Department provides excellence and expertise in inclusive learning practices across all of the Center’s educational programs and projects, with experts in youth programs, intergenerational groups, families, teachers, and students. Staff from the Education team work on national outreach efforts, digital projects and programs, community and local initiatives, and internal staff training.
This position is based in Philadelphia with limited flexible remote work opportunities.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.