Director of Multicultural Commissions, City of Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on December 10, 2019
The Director will support and manage several multicultural commissions that are responsive to the issues faced by Philadelphias immigrant communities. The current commissions include the Mayors Commission on African and Caribbean Immigrant Affairs and the Mayors Commission on Asian American Affairs. The Director will be responsible for leading and organizing community engagement, recruitment and outreach efforts, strategic communications and special projects that promote the awareness of issues facing the communities the commissions represent.
The Director will also serve as the liaison between community stakeholders, the administration and other city departments in advising key leadership on matters pertaining to the communities represented by the commissions.
- Serves as public facing official for issues, policies, and programs that impact African, Caribbean, and Asian communities.
- Strategically plans and executes data-driven outward facing programs, reports, initiatives, and events.
- Manages and serves as liaison for the Mayors Commission on African and Caribbean Immigrant Affairs and the Mayors Commission on Asian American Affairs.
- Provides content and oversight over multiple communications vehicles, including progress reports, strategic plans, the offices page on Phila.gov, and social media channels.
- Understands city government and actively works to develop and successfully execute projects internal to city government and with external stakeholders that further the mission of this office.
- Works with City Departmental leadership to ensure alignment of city-led initiatives and resources that support immigrant communities.
- Provides public testimony and other advocacy as needed.
- Leads the Office of Immigrant Affairs year-round cultural programming including but not limited to: Immigrant Heritage Month, Welcoming Week, Unity Cup, Philadelphia Honors Diversity.
- Responsible for driving the Office of Immigrant Affairs community engagement strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Supports the Office of Immigrant Affairs priorities and initiatives.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.