Director of Multicultural Affairs, City of Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on January 11, 2022
The Managing Director manages and oversees the operations of the City. Working with five Cabinet-level Deputies, operational oversight is divided into specific departmental clusters: Health and Human Services, Community and Culture, Community Services, Public Safety and Criminal Justice, and Transportation and Infrastructure. The Community Services cluster oversees a number of outward-facing programs that provide services directly to the public. These offices and programs focus on enhancing quality of life and improving how citizens engage with their communities and their city government.
The Office of Immigrant Affairs (OIA) promotes and strengthens the well-being of Philadelphia’s immigrant communities. We do this by recommending and developing policies and programs, which in turn provide opportunity and access to services. We help facilitate the successful inclusion of immigrants into the civic, economic, and cultural life of the city. We also highlight the essential role that immigrants have played and continue to play in our city.
The Director will support the work of the Mayor’s Commission on African and Caribbean Affairs and the Mayor’s Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs. The Director will be responsible for leading and organizing community engagement and outreach, strategic communications and special projects that promote the awareness of issues facing the communities the Commissions represent.
The Director will also fulfill the role as the liaison with the administration and other city departments in advising key leadership on matters pertaining to the communities represented by both commissions.
- Serves as public facing official for issues, policies, and programs that impact African, Caribbean, and Asian communities.
- Strategically plans and executes data-driven outward facing programs, reports, initiatives, and events.
- Manages and serves as liaison for the Mayor’s Commission on African and Caribbean Affairs and the Mayor’s Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs.
- Provides content and oversight over multiple communications vehicles, including progress reports, strategic plans, the office’s page on Phila.gov, and social media channels.
- Understands city government and actively works to develop and successfully execute projects internal to city government and with external stakeholders that further the mission of this office.
- Works with City Departmental leadership to ensure alignment of city-led initiatives and resources that support immigrant communities.
- Serves as Project Manager for the Office of Immigrant Affairs’ year-round cultural programming including but not limited to: Immigrant Heritage Month, Welcoming Week, Unity Cup, Philadelphia Honors Diversity.
- Responsible for driving the Office of Immigrant Affairs’ community engagement strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Supports the Office of Immigrant Affairs’ priorities and initiatives.
- K-12 Racial Equity Coordinator, Children First
- Accounting Manager, Cristo Rey High School
- Academic Office Manager, Cristo Rey High School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.