Director of Math, KIPP Philadelphia Schools
Posted by KIPP Philadelphia Charter Schools on August 11, 2020
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) and working closely with School Leaders and Assistant Principals at our six schools, the Director of Math (DOM) is responsible for ensuring that our growing network of schools maintains vertical and horizontal curricular alignment for rigorous, college-ready math and problem solving instruction.
- Works with school leaders to set and drive a vision for quality K-12 math intervention, instruction, and assessment.
- Supports school leaders and teachers to ensure that math classrooms are joyful, structured and caring and foster a deep love of math and problem solving.
- Ensures that curriculum and assessment programs in all math classrooms are strong, aligned to common core standards and rigor, teacher accessible, meet the needs of our students and are both horizontally and vertically aligned.
- Trains teachers and leaders on curricular implementation and math instruction best practices.
- Works closely with the Director of Literacy, Director of Special Education, and the Senior Director of Data and
- Analytics to create and drive an effective and streamlined assessment approach that leads to strong data driven decision making.
- Regularly works with school leaders and assistant principals to assess the state of math instruction in classrooms and plan supports and approaches to improve instruction.
- Analyzes and responds to region wide math data to adjust approach and support struggling teachers and schools.
- Collaborate, work closely, and create partnerships with local and national experts and colleagues in the field of math instruction through research, observation, formal collaboration, etc.
- Support new teacher and new leader onboarding and training through PD design and execution.
- Work with school leaders to ensure students have programs, clubs, and extracurriculars that foster a love of mathematics and problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned by the CAO.
Learn more and apply: https://kippphiladelphia.org/join-our-team/apply-now/
- Corporate Relations Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Mar 22
- AmeriCorps VISTA Leader, National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC) – May 1
- Program Coordinator I, Institute for Empowering Equitable Education in STEM (E3)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.