Director of Literacy, Belmont Charter Network
Posted by Belmont Charter Network on October 19, 2021
What makes us unique? Belmont Charter Network equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed wherever their talents, diligence, and heart take them. Serving as a network of community schools, we strive to ensure that each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful!
The Director of Literacy is a member of the network’s Academic Team and reports to the Head of Academics. This position supports the five campuses on Literacy practices across grades prek-12 by managing curriculum, leading professional development, coaching teachers, helping set vision and direction for Literacy improvements, and being the network’s resident Literacy expert.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred. Minimum of 3 years teaching Literacy in an urban environment with demonstrated student success; 3-5 years of leadership, management, or coaching in a school setting preferred; Experience creating and adapting literacy curriculum; must be able to demonstrate a capacity for leadership through previous professional experience.
- B.A./B.S. degree from accredited institution, advanced degree in relevant field preferred;
- Experience in urban education, experience in Philadelphia preferred;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check Clearance (Act 34);
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151);
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Record Check Clearance (Act 114);
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Clearance (Act 168).
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
- Maker Space and Technology Manager (Full-Time), The Workshop School
- Watershed Adaptation Corps, Drexel Univ. – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.