Director of Human Resources, JBJ Soul Homes
Posted by Project HOME on November 21, 2016
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for leading all aspects of Project HOME’s Human Resources Department, including full cycle recruitment, policies and procedures, employee relations, performance management, training and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer compensation and benefits programs, including 401(k) Plan administration. Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise employees about career and professional development. Guide and train supervisors about performance management. Assist in the administration of disciplinary procedures, including terminating employees, as may be required.
- Analyze data to inform personnel decisions and operational decisions or activities. Direct the collection, maintenance and audit of personnel data to ensure accurate record keeping. Estimate labor requirements.
- Communicate, enforce and maintain human resources’ policies and procedures. Recommend organizational process or policy changes. Advise managers on policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Develop and implement employee training programs, including certifying that employees have met regulatory and statutory training requirements.
- Implement annual and monthly employee engagement events including annual Staff Recognition BBQ, monthly Love Opens Doors Social Hours, weekly New Hire Orientation, etc.
- Investigate employee matters, resolve grievances, and conduct mediation, as needed. Liaise between departments or other groups to improve function or communication. Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in human resources.
- Prepare reports related to compliance matters. Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance claims, and ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to human resources.
- Oversee the recruitment of qualified, high performing-employees to ensure that employees meet the requirements for each position while possessing a deep commitment to the mission. Ensure new employee orientation fosters a connection to the mission and organizational objectives.
- Supervise the HR Department team (HR Manager, Talent Recruiter, Training Coordinator, HR Administrator).
- Develop and manage the HR Department annual operating budget and Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field; Master’s preferred.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in human resources, including some or all of the following: compensation, benefits, 401k plan administration, employee relations and recruiting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of management and/or supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Will be required to be available by cell phone for work, using personal device which must be compatible with PH network.
- Experience working with all levels of management and staff.
- Project management experience. Strong organization skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and HRIS systems.
- Flexibility and ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, results-orientated environment.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.