Director Of Housing, Bethesda Project
Posted by Bethesda Project on November 27, 2017
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your skills and experience to help those who are in need?
Bethesda Project has a great opportunity for you to use those skills to impact the lives of our residents and to be family to those who have none. Bethesda Project is currently seeking a Director of Housing. The Director is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, responsible for carrying out Bethesda Project’s mission through our Housing programs. This position requires decision-making abilities, supervisory, administrative, program management and service delivery responsibilities and requires a thorough understanding of homeless populations.
NOTE: This position is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be available to interview at our Administrative Offices, no travel reimbursements are available.
All replies must include your salary requirements for consideration in a Word of PDF format.
Bethesda Project serves Philadelphia’s homeless and formerly homeless men and women through its network of fourteen residential and shelter settings. In the past year, nearly 2000 homeless adults received housing, shelter, meals, and supportive services as they sought to manage their physical and mental illness, recover from addiction, and reclaim their dignity, self-worth and independence. Bethesda Project is 501(c)3 organization with an annual budget of nearly $5 million. For more information, visit http://www.bethesdaproject.org.
- Directly supervise a staff of six (6) Program Coordinators;
- Direct the development, implementation and evaluation of permanent housing programs and related policies and procedures;
- Administer the design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of Bethesda Project housing programs;
- Collaborate with CEO and Director of Social Services surrounding contractual compliance and reporting obligations;
- Function as Bethesda Project’s official representative for appeals processes and resident eviction proceedings, offering guidance and participating in hearings as needs dictate; and
- Work collaboratively with Director of Operations to ensure repair and maintenance issues at housing sites are prioritized and appropriately addressed.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, MSW preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in social services, including management, supervisory and program development experience;
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills; and
- Computer literacy; proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Requires repetitive movement of hands and fingers for typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, sitting, walking and climbing stairs, occasional stooping, kneeling or crouching and lifting up to 20lbs. Ability to reach with hands and arms and perform audio and visual assessments, as required.
Bethesda Project is a non-profit human services provider that has been serving the Philadelphia community for over 38 years. Bethesda Project is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a 403(b) plan.
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.