Director of Homelessness Prevention
Philadelphia Interfaith Hospitality Network seeks a Director of Homelessness Prevention to manage its new and growing program in eviction prevention and homelessness diversion. Requirements include a Masters degree in social work or related field, and or HUD Housing Counseling Certification, or 3 + years experience in working with vulnerable households; ability to work with data base programs; excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience with grant writing and management a plus.
Requirements: Master’s degree in social work or related field, and or HUD Housing Counseling Certification or 3 + years- experience in working with vulnerable households; ability to work with data base programs; excellent communication skills; experience with grant writing and management a plus.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Homelessness Prevention and Diversion responsibilities include:
Community Outreach and Referral
- Develop and distribute outreach material to publicize the availability of prevention services and supports
- Cultivate Landlord Partnerships
Housing Stabilization Plans for Individual Households:
- Financial assessment and allocation determination, family needs assessment
- linkages to health, legal services and benefits services, linkages to material supports
- Monitor monthly rent assistance program and master lease programs
- home visits as indicated
Interface and Coordination with Philadelphia Office of Homeless Services on specific Prevention and Diversion cases
Data Collection and Grant Compliance Oversight
Implement “Keys to Good Tenants” Training Program
Tenant and Financial Training Partnerships
Other Duties as Assigned
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.