Director of Healthcare Innovation, Benefits Data Trust
Posted by Benefits Data Trust on February 4, 2020
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Director of Healthcare Innovation to lead its sales efforts and expand its business with healthcare organizations, in order to ultimately improve people’s health and reduce care costs at scale. As the healthcare sector shifts from fee for service to fee for value, risk-bearing healthcare entities are looking to invest in strategies that address the social determinants of health (SDoH) and pursue the triple aim. BDT is looking for a seasoned strategic leader who can partner with healthcare executives as their organizations seek to deploy true population health interventions using proven solutions, technologies, and service models.
What does BDT do? BDT helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services such as Medicaid and SNAP (the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). It has developed a scalable, evidenced-based, RoI-positive model for benefits outreach and enrollment that helps people meet their most basic needs. Given the power of BDT’s model and the innovation afoot in healthcare, the time has never been better for BDT to secure its place as a premier healthcare partner for a solvable slice of the SDoH challenge, namely benefits access. The Director of Healthcare Innovation will lead BDT’s go-to-market strategy, direct and engage in relationship development and maintenance, and secure contracts and novel payment arrangements with diverse healthcare entities.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Director of Healthcare Innovation reports to the Chief Finance & People Officer.
- Lead the team that represents BDT to healthcare (with a focus on healthcare payers) and that works with health insurers for the promotion of BDT services, contract execution, and partnership development
- Grow the SDoH revenue stream for the organization and manage a pipeline of business development opportunities
- Actively seek out clients by building new networks, leveraging existing relationships, using social media, attending seminars and conferences, and via referrals
- Continually refine business strategy through ongoing analysis of developing trends and markets in the SDoH space
- Evolve BDT offerings for healthcare to increase net income while responding to opportunities for customization
- Pursue participation in novel payment arrangements such as upside-only shared savings contracts; longer-term goals include upside/downside contracts
- Explore innovative financing arrangements with impact investors, in conjunction with the finance team
- Understand the currents of innovation in healthcare and position BDT appropriately as a go-to partner for benefits access
- Serve as a BDT & benefits access SDoH ambassador across the health and human services dialogue
- Work closely with the team that determines project requirements by comprehending the client’s business goals, products, and expectations
- Work with teams inside BDT to craft proposals that are innovative, sound, and viable
- Work with projects and partnerships teams inside BDT to ensure proper implementation and operation of approved contracts—and to maximize opportunities for contract renewal
- Gather and react to market feedback and work with the rest of the management team to refine the solution, as necessary
- Collaborate with research and data teams to continually evaluate healthcare work
- Collaborate with the Communications team to create and disseminate case studies that highlight the value of benefits access to improve health, address social care needs, and save healthcare dollars.
- Identify, prepare proposals for, and close on opportunities for additional project work
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has screened more than one million households and secured over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 180 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit http://bdtrust.org.
Learn more and apply: https://benefits-data-trust.breezy.hr/p/b7f0dc0ede2d-director-of-healthcare-innovation
- High School and Post-Secondary Lead Instructor
- Compliance Manager, Belmont Charter Network
- OST ASSISTANT, Belmont Academy Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.