Director Of Education, Character Lab
Posted by Character Lab on September 25, 2017
Character Lab is a Philadelphia-based, non-profit organization that aims to advance the science and practice of character development so that all students can reach their fullest potential. The organization will accomplish this by doing two key things: creating research-based Playbooks and conducting fast and frictionless research.
Reporting to the Executive Director (Donald Kamentz), the Director of Education will be at the forefront in developing tools and resources for character development. Working collaboratively with researchers, teachers, and designers, you will translate validated research into useful learning resources and tools for educators and students. As a member of the leadership team, you will oversee our educational partnerships and lead strategic thinking around scaling translated resources.
- Design and Deliver Character Content
- Lead the translation of validated research into evidence-based tools and resources
- Test and refine teacher tools, supports, and delivery mechanisms using a design-thinking approach
- Assess and communicate implementation learning and outcomes to all stakeholders
- Lead Education Strategy, Engagement, and Operations
- Develop, communicate, and execute a vision for Character Lab Playbooks
- Align education team’s strategic projects, staffing, and budgets
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with identified program partners
- Recruit, develop, and manage other members of Education team, as well as external contractors
- Engage with identified members of the Character Lab Board of Directors and Advisory Group around content and direction of Playbooks
- Raise the visibility of the organization with external stakeholders as needed
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.