Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, The Baldwin School
Posted by Baldwin School on July 28, 2020
The Baldwin School is seeking a dynamic, collaborative leader to serve as its Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to start in Summer 2020. Acting as a resource, guide, curriculum designer and strategic planner, the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) for The Baldwin School leads the School’s efforts to ensure that Baldwin is an inclusive school community that values and nurtures diversity by designing and contributing to robust learning experiences, programming and policies that touch all areas of school life. This administrative position reports to the Head of School.
- Work with the Head of School and in partnership with other administrators to define and lead the school’s DEI vision and strategy, including to establish plans, programs and metrics for evaluation.
- Evaluate systems, policies and practices to ensure they meet the needs of diverse populations in the school community, including students, families and employees.
- Lead the School’s DEI Committee, and guides and supports the work of Committee members. Also leads and advises the School’s Upper School Student DEI Committee.
- Serve as a resource for administrators, faculty and staff. This includes providing proactive and responsive support, coaching and consultation to campus leaders regarding DEI-related policy, programming, and supervisory practice, and to faculty and staff on their respective programs, multi-culturally competent pedagogy and responsive practices.
- Plan and lead professional development throughout the year, including annual training for all faculty and staff around issues of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Work with Coordinator of Curriculum Development, Academic Council and Faculty/Staff to review and update curricula across all grades and disciplines to ensure it aligns with DEI inclusivity goals.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources to examine hiring, talent management and human resources administration systems and policies to identify opportunities to strengthen practices and ensure equity.
- Develop organization-wide accountability measures around equity and inclusion, and lead efforts to monitor and evaluate accountability metrics across divisions and functional areas.
- Communicate and coordinate with all school constituents, including students, parents and graduates, to advance DEI vision and strategy through assemblies, programs, meetings, committee work and other outreach.
- Work with faculty and staff to plan learning experiences for all grades through advisory and other regular or special programs.
- Serve as a regular, active listener to students, employees and other constituents to support their needs, assess the effectiveness of School’s DEI work, and identify areas for additional programming or other work.
- Guide students in planning and running DEI-related events (e.g., Building Bridges Day), and help advise student affinity and alliance groups in our Lower, Middle and Upper Schools.
- Contribute to and be present at various school meetings and functions to provide support and input, including internal meetings across the Divisions as well as external meetings and events with parents, alums and other constituents.
- Partner with local peer schools to create programming and events.
- Promote and coordinate student and employee involvement at local and regional conferences, as well as the annual NAIS PoCC and SDLC Conferences.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School.
Learn more and apply: https://www.baldwinschool.org/employment
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.