Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Drexel Engineering
Posted by Drexel University on January 11, 2022
Drexel Engineering seeks an inaugural Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) to provide expertise for the organization and delivery of college-wide educational engagement for faculty, staff, students and alumni. Reporting to the Dean, the Director will manage the College of Engineering’s DEI efforts, and will support, initiate and promote programs, policies, events and other activities to drive a culture of inclusion and belonging, foster conversations, and create a sustainable framework to advance DEI across the college. The position is also responsible for elevating the profile and contributions of historically under-represented students (HUGs) throughout the student life-cycle.
- Serve as Drexel Engineering delegate for DEI initiatives within the college and act as liaison for all University-level meetings, programs and events, as well as DEI initiatives external to the University. Including co-chairing Drexel Engineering’s Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion made up of students, faculty and staff. Work collaboratively with Drexel’s Office of Equality and Diversity to ensure the planning and implementation of relevant DEI training and educational opportunities for college faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with HR and the Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs on initiatives to improve recruitment and retention of diverse staff and faculty.
- Coordinate with affinity student organizations and programs across the college including, but not limited to, NSBE, SHPE, SWE, THRIVE, etc., acting as secondary advisor as well as primary college contact for external affinity-based organizations.
- Serve on advisory board for L-SAMP and collaborate with Center for Black Culture, and Center for Inclusive Education and Scholarship.
- Assist in the development of outreach programming in coordination with the college recruitment and communications teams as well as Drexel EMSS, to stimulate STEM pipeline programs and/or schools in the West Philadelphia community and beyond.
- Assist with STEM events on campus, such as the SWE Conference.
- Work with Institutional Advancement to develop a robust HUGs Alumni program.
- Collaborate closely with the leadership and staff team for student programming to create programs, events, and activities for HUGs students, including but not limited to directing summer programs as well as academic-year support programs such as DELTA.
- Be a key collaborator for the Pittman Commencement ceremony for HUGs students.
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.