Director of Development, World Cafe Live
Posted by World Cafe Live on January 11, 2022
World Cafe Live seeks a proactive and collaborative Director of Development to support our existing programs and expand our impact. This role is responsible for World Cafe Live’s contributed revenue portfolio (20% of the organization’s annual income) and will help manage Welcome to World Cafe Live, a comprehensive fundraising campaign. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging or experienced professional with proven fundraising capabilities and innate partnership-building skills.
The Director of Development will:
- LEAD. This role leads World Cafe Live’s fundraising strategy for all contributed revenue, including income from foundations, individual donors, corporate partners and government sources. They will join a fast-paced Senior Management Team and will focus on building support for World Cafe Live’s original programming, including free education programs, curated concert series and more.
- SUPPORT. The Director of Development reports to the Chief Operating Officer, developing strategies for revenue growth. The ideal candidate is creative, takes initiative and is comfortable managing up, guiding the COO and Executive Team towards opportunities and relationships that advance the organization’s mission.
- MANAGE. The Director of Development supervises the Individual Giving Manager and embeds donor infrastructure across the organization, impacting all departments. The ideal candidate has experience managing and inspiring direct reports and colleagues.
- PARTNER. The Director of Development will manage key relationships with major donors, board members and sponsors. The Director of Development must be able to research, strategize, and effectively communicate World Cafe Live’s mission to a variety of stakeholders.
- Assistant Director for Local Service and Community Engagement, Villanova Univ. – Nov 1
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.