Director of Development, Women’s Way
Posted by Women's Way on August 11, 2014
Director of Development, WOMEN’S WAY
Posted on: July 30, 2014
The Director of Development provides leadership and oversight of all of the organization’s development and fundraising initiatives. This position is part of the senior management team and works closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers to achieve significant organizational growth as stipulated by the 2013-2016 strategic plan, including growing the planned giving area.
Director of Development Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Executive Director, Board and fundraising committees, develop and implement strategic and detailed plans to meet development/fundraising goals and strategic objectives, including hands-on management of Board Giving, the Major Gifts program, the Annual Fund and Institutional Giving campaigns
- Identify Foundation giving opportunities and write grants in response
- Develop strategies for major gift cultivation, solicitations and stewardship; initiate and assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in securing major gifts.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, play a key role in developing and engaging the Board leadership of the organization’s fundraising and stewardship activities.
- Manage and grow the organization’s planned giving program, including serving as the primary liaison for the Planned Giving Committee and Legacy Society.
- Position the organization for a major endowment campaign in preparation for the 40th anniversary in 2016-17.
- Provide leadership in identifying and cultivating individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects, and effectively make the case for continued and increased support.
- Develop strategies to reactivate lapsed donors and re-energize commitment to organizational mission and activities.
- With the support of the Development team, ensure complete records of all gifts, correspondence, and donor information in the files of key prospects.
- With the support of the Database Manager, ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the recording, tabulation, reporting, acknowledgement and stewardship of all gifts.
- Motivate and manage the Database Manager, volunteers and interns; and provide leadership to the Program & Events Manager in regards to event-related revenue. Collaborate closely with the Executive Director and Senior Management Team to promote open communication and continuity across program areas.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.