Director of Development, Project Forward Leap
Posted by on November 21, 2010
Director of Development
Project Forward Leap
Founded in 1989, Project Forward Leap (PFL) is an academically rigorous educational enrichment program that serves over 750 low-income students in grades 6-12, from eight public school districts in Southeastern and Central Pennsylvania. PFL provides a rigorous summer educational enrichment program for low-income middle school students in a college campus environment. The Program continues throughout the school year with Saturday enrichment sessions. Our current Program Budget is $2.6 million.
• The Director of Development is responsible for the cultivation of individual, foundation, government and corporate donors in the three major regions where the organization provides services, Harrisburg, Lancaster and Philadelphia.
• The Director of Development will identify potential donors, maintain accurate donor records, host fundraising events, and prepare written grant proposals, funding requests and development communications.
• Reports to the President/CEO.
• BA/BS required
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible development/fundraising experience, with a proven track record in major gift cultivation, planned giving and solicitation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational skills with a deadline-driven focus. The ability to multi-task and manage complex projects while still smiling are necessities.
• Relevant advanced degree.
• Comprehensive and successful grant-writing experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to the reduction of educational inequity.
• Outstanding interpersonal and public speaking skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Health plan, retirement and generous vacation allowance. Please visit the PFL website for more information about the organization. To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.