Director Of Development, Mural Arts Philadelphia
Posted by Mural Arts Philadelphia on October 13, 2020
Mural Arts Philadelphia, the nation’s largest public art program, is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as their Director of Development in Philadelphia, PA.
ABOUT MURAL ARTS
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges of understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation. Popular mural tours offer a firsthand glimpse into the inspiring stories behind Mural Arts’ iconic and unparalleled collection, which has earned Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the “City of Murals.”
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, managing, and executing a comprehensive and diversified fundraising effort that deepens organizational sustainability and allows for strategic, mission-aligned growth. The position will report directly to the Chief Advancement Officer. The Director of Development will serve on Mural Arts’ Leadership Team and will work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Staff, and the Board of Trustees to ensure Mural Arts has the necessary resources to achieve its goals and advance its mission.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- At least five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in development, with a demonstrated track record of helping to grow a comprehensive development program in an educational or nonprofit institution;
- Broad background in fundraising, including work across related functional areas; strength in the area of individual giving is essential, including demonstrated expertise in major gift fundraising and stewardship of donors;
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region’s philanthropic community;
- A track record of soliciting corporate support;
- Participation in the planning, management, and successful conclusion of a major comprehensive campaign;
- Experience in planned giving and with annual fund procedures for grooming the next generation of major gift donors;
- Grant writing experience and a track record of procurement success;
- Demonstrated ability to provide management, leadership, and strategic direction to maximize the support of external constituencies;
- An accessible leader and team builder with experience working with volunteers;
- Excellent organizational skills and operational experience, and the ability to manage resources with prudence and efficiency;
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the public arts field.
Mural Arts Philadelphia has retained the services of Diversified Search to assist in this search. Please submit a cover note and resume or nominations, in confidence, to MuralArtsPhiladelphia@divsearch.com.
- Training and Job Opportunities: Access Services Associate, Penn Medicine – Aug 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.