Director Of Development, Hopeworks Camden
Posted by Hopeworks Camden on July 20, 2021
Hopeworks is a nonprofit social enterprise that uses technology, healing, and entrepreneurship to transform lives; on average, over 99% of youth (aged 17-26) entering Hopeworks are unemployed, making less than $500 annually. Youth completing the Hopeworks program make, on average, over $39,000 annually, with an almost 90% 12-month retention rate in their jobs. That is the Hopeworks difference.
Our unique trauma-informed approach, combined with high-demand, high-wage technical training and paid work experience helps young people not only get the job but keep it, transforming their lives and the lives of their families.
Position and Responsibilities
The primary task of the Director of Development is to generate the philanthropic revenue Hopeworks requires to support our programming, employ youth during their training, and ultimately to transform lives.
This senior-level position, reporting directly to the Executive Director, will be a key partner in Hopeworks growth.
This is a particularly exciting time. In the last five years, Hopeworks has grown dramatically in impact, growing its annual budget from $1.1M to $3.6M+ and placing more youth in permanent living wage jobs than ever before.
Now is the time to do more. Hopeworks has ambitious goals to place over 500 youth per year in permanent jobs, and we need the help of a creative, focused, and experienced Director of Development to help us get there!
Specifically, the Director will:
Design and Execute on Revenue Strategies (30%)
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to set and execute an ambitious multi-year vision for growth for Hopeworks, including overseeing the delivery of multi-year goals, strategies, and campaigns across foundation, corporate, and individual donors that will allow Hopeworks to dramatically increase our impact
- Design annual development plans with solid, yet ambitious fundraising goals and oversee implementation of strategies to achieve those goals
- Establish new partnerships with corporate and foundation partners
Cultivate and Steward Supporters (30%)
- Leverage the Executive Director and Board in donor stewardship and retention.
- Lead the development of compelling philanthropic proposals, reports, and support communications
- Partner with the Director of Business to ensure that Hopeworks development goals and efforts complement the earned revenue from our social enterprises and create a mutually beneficial network of supporters, customers, and advocates.
- Represent Hopeworks externally to a variety of audiences
Coordinate External Communications (30%)
- Partner with the Director of Business and marketing partners to deliver compelling external communications to donors, clients, and supporters, including Hopeworks online presence, promotional videos, social media content, and event invitations
Manage and Grow an Effective Development Team (10%)
- Build out and manage the development team to create a high performing department to support Hopeworks rapid growth
- Set clear goals, provide regular feedback, and ensure that team members have opportunities for growth
- Lead development efforts with a “youth first” approach, making sure the voices of young people are our primary means of communication about our mission and work
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.