Director of Development, Dinah
Posted by Dinah on August 23, 2022
Dinah is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to combating intimate partner violence in the Jewish community of Greater Philadelphia through advocacy, education, and volunteer legal representation. We are a small operation with a working board, low overhead, and a flexible, inviting, and collaborative work environment. Dinah is a young organization, in the process of strategic planning toward significant growth in operations and client reach.
Dinah is looking for a development professional to grow our funding and grow our organization. The Director of Development will be responsible for grants (searching, applying, and reporting), prospective donor research and tracking, major gift stewardship, and creative campaign and fundraising modalities. The Director of Development will report directly to the Executive Director and collaborate with other staff and the board of directors. The Director of Development will implement key components of Dinah’s strategic plan by telling our story in a compelling way and stewarding donors to support the operations and long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Proven track record of grant writing and donor stewardship for small nonprofits
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and remotely
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- 5-7 years’ fundraising or development experience
- Comfortable using Salesforce
- Access to a car/ability to travel to Philadelphia or the surrounding counties
Compensation: $40 per hour
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week (subject to increase as organization continues to grow)
Location: Wherever you are (with ability and willingness to come to Philadelphia on occasion)
Employment Type: W2
Term of Contract: 12 months
Available: April 1, 2022
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Temple Education Scholars Program Manager
- National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship
- Adult Education Associate, AFAHO – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.