Director of Development, buildOn
Posted by buildOn on June 30, 2014
Posted on: June 12, 2014
buildOn is expanding in Philadelphia! buildOn works to address the education crisis here in the United States and in developing countries around the world. We are seeking an ambitious sales-oriented Development Director to implement fundraising efforts in a growing market. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, East Coast, this new position will play an integral part in building relationships that will achieve buildOn’s revenue goals for Philadelphia.
The Development Director will serve as a key ambassador for buildOn in the Philadelphia area. He/She must be a self-starter committed to pro-actively identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual donors and corporate partners. The Development Director must be an excellent communicator and excited by the opportunity to create a program and pipeline that will significantly increase financial support for buildOn. Most importantly, the ideal candidate can demonstrate a history of building successful fundraising campaigns, will be able to hit the ground running, and is inspired to make a difference in the lives of young people here in the United States and around the world.
- Secure revenue needed to support afterschool programming in Philadelphia and global school construction – including creating a pipeline for new donors, renewals and opportunities for upgrading gifts.
- Grow a portfolio of corporate, foundation and individual donors totally $500,000+. Must be comfortable cultivating and closing gifts of $25,000+ – and providing the advanced level of stewardship that major gifts require.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major donors/corporations that will lead to sustained multi-year revenue.
- Support a dedicated group of volunteers who host an annual fundraising event.
- Build and manage an energetic and committed local Board of Directors
- Manage affinity groups, such as peer-to-peer fundraising teams and a young professionals network, to secure revenue and raise awareness about our work.
- Identify and foster relationships with Philadelphia-area foundations that invest in education and youth development.
- Analyze data to find new opportunities and ensure all activities drive efficiencies and maximize results.
- Youth Advocacy Fellowship (YAF), Community Legal Services
- Corporate Relations Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Mar 22
- AmeriCorps VISTA Leader, National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC) – May 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.