Director of Development, Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Posted by on April 07, 2014
Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Position: Director of Development (full time)
Location: Philadelphia including travel to the four county region
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA is the largest BBBS agency in the State and the third largest in the nation; with a current annual budget of $5.5 million dollars. Our rapidly growing, progressive organization places great value on continuous improvement and staff engagement as we strive to provide quality “one to one” mentoring services for youth. BBBS SEPA seeks a Director of Development to cultivate and solicit new and existing major individual donors; oversee the annual fund and corporate giving programs as well as events; and provide oversight for the integrity of the donor database. The Director of Development is also a member of the BBBS SEPA Leadership Council and will participate on at least one agency work team. This position reports to Vice President of Fund Development.
1. With the VP of Fund Development and the VP of Marketing and Communications, creates the annual Fund Development and Stewardship plan, and executes fundraising strategies.
2. Collaborates with the VP of Development, the Manager of the Annual Fund and Manager of Corporate Partnerships to prepare revenue/expense budgets for all events.
3. Is responsible for a prospect pool of approximately 100 individuals to cultivate and solicit gifts of $1,000 – $10,000. Stewards donors as well as identifies additional prospects.
4. Manages some current Beyond School Walls partnerships while actively identifying, cultivating and soliciting new corporate prospects.
5. Responsible for the oversight of all agency events and works with the VP of Development and the rest of the Fund Development team to create and manage the internal Team SEPA Bowl for Kids Sake campaign.
6. Identifies and solicits event sponsor prospects.
7. Provides regular donor reports to the VP of Fund Development along with analysis of data in order to evaluate and maximize fundraising efforts.
8. Works with the VP of Development to support board involvement in fundraising through regular communication and joint prospecting, and supports board members to effectively identify, cultivate and steward donor prospects.
9. Serves as a member of the agency’s Leadership Council to help provide insight on overall agency strategies; meets regularly with program leaders to coordinate external efforts and strengthen interdepartmental communication.
10. Directly manages a staff of 4+ in the fund development department.
11. Other projects as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
Academic: Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
Professional: No less than 5-7 years experience in individual/major gift and corporate fundraising as well experience with special events. Should also have 3 – 5 years experience managing a team of two or more. Must be fluent in donor database programs, direct experience with E-Tapestry or Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to work independently without close management; possess a strong customer/client focus; have excellent communication, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills; be highly organized, and demonstrate the ability to work effectively within diverse populations. Must also be flexible, enthusiastic and have a sense of humor; have an articulated belief in the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters; be proficient in Microsoft Office software packages; and possess individual transportation.
Cover letters including salary history and resumes can be emailed to email@example.com. Please put Director of Development in the subject line. Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBS SEPA promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS SEPA does no discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
- Social Worker, Puentes de Salud
- 2022-2023 Cohort, Community Resource Corps, City of Phila.
- Outreach Coordinator, ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.