Director Of Development, Benefits Data Trust
Posted by Benefits Data Trust on August 27, 2018
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is seeking a Director of Development who will implement diverse, proven development strategies to assist BDT in achieving its mission of transforming benefits access. The Director of Development must be able to think strategically and proactively to create and implement a comprehensive, results-oriented development plan that will support and maintain BDT programs, as well as support innovations. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with current and prospective donors and work to support the development team for our organization.
- Direct all development activities, including but not limited to: relationship management, prospecting, proposal writing and submission, and major donor engagement;
- Manage the development team to support a diverse array of funding types;
- Identify opportunities for future funding in collaboration with other directors and BDT’s leadership team;
- Coach BDT leadership as effective partners in the development process;
- Manage the process to turn great ideas and opportunities into successful engagements;
- Maintain existing funding by ensuring accurate and timely reporting;
- Ensure BDT maintains strong relationships with existing funders and develops them with new funders;
- Create and manage BDT’s major gifts program;
- Staff Board fundraising efforts, as required;
- Coordinate special events, as required; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Master’s degree in a related field is a plus;
- 7-10 years experience in development, including corporate and foundation relations, major donor solicitation, and successful proposal writing;
- Proven track record in fundraising and ability to co-create and deliver fundraising goals;
- Experience managing the development process and the development team;
- A self-starter and hard worker who can manage overlapping projects;
- Understands and harnesses technology in the cycle of development processes;
- Effective at navigating internal and external relationships to shape and achieve shared goals;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail;
- Excited by the prospect of shaping and realizing new ideas;
- Occasional weekends and evenings required; some travel required;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment; and
- Must be a team player who is passionate about our shared work.
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Jul 18
- Annual Fund Officer, Pendle Hill – Jul 20
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.