Director of Development and Fundraising, Peter’s Place
Posted by Peter's Place on August 6, 2018
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development leads the efforts to secure funding for all Peter’s Place’s projects and programs through major gifts, annual fund, grants, planned giving, and philanthropic events. He or she guides the development and implementation of an effective and comprehensive fundraising program that sustains the organization’s long-term success by strengthening existing donor relationships as well as building new donor relationships for Peter’s Place. He or she strives for excellence and continuous improvement in developing, implementing and measuring fundraising efforts.
The position is based in Radnor, Pennsylvania.
Operational Leadership and Fiscal Administration
- Work with the ED and the Board Development Committee in the creation and implementation of the revenue strategy to achieve revenue objectives.
- Set and achieve annual fundraising goals that allow Peter’s Place to fulfill operational and program priorities.
- Implement systems and policies that support fundraising goals and objectives.
- Oversee stewardship of all funders through timely follow-up activities, reports, and updates.
- Work collaboratively with the ED and the Grants Coordinator on Foundation Relations, providing input on new grant requests, supporting the grant writing process and ensuring compliance with milestones and achievements articulated in grant award agreements.
- Lead the fundraising and development work of Peter’s Place.
- In conjunction with the ED and in consultation with the Board, create a written, diversified, metrics-driven development plan with clearly defined goals, objectives, timelines, and assignment of responsibilities. Create and maintain an annual development calendar of activities.
- Personally identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of potential leadership and major gift donors including individuals, family foundations, corporations, and other charitable foundations.
- Identify opportunities through donor prospect research and engage in stewardship of existing donors for the ongoing support of the organization’s mission.
- Create and implement cultivation strategies to utilize resources most efficiently for the stewardship of new and existing donors.
- Work with participant families to engage them, as appropriate, in grassroots fundraising campaigns (e.g. peer-to-peer fundraising platforms).
- Ensure timely gift acknowledgement and recordkeeping which is consistent with IRS and PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations regulations.
- Identify and maintain a database that ensures the integrity of donor information and appropriate documentation of donor relationship-building activities.
- Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator to develop targeted brand building and sharing the Peter’s Place story with the community and beyond.
- In conjunction with the ED and the Board, develop relationships within the community focused on building collaboration and corporate partnerships that support the mission of Peter’s Place as well as seek engagement in surrounding communities. Work collaboratively with the ED and Director of Programs to identity prospects and build relationships with collaborative partners that are a referral source for Peter’s Place.
- Engage in networking opportunities in the community that will create greater awareness of Peter’s Place and increase its reputation in the community.
- Act as one of Peter’s Place representatives in the community, through participation in public forums, collaborations with partner organizations and public speaking as may be requested.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.