Director of Community Partnerships & Strategy, North10
Posted by North10 Philadelphia on September 18, 2017
About the Organization:
North10, Philadelphia (“North10”) is a newly created, innovative community development and neighborhood revitalization organization in the Hunting Park and East Tioga neighborhoods of North Philadelphia. Growing out of a decade’s work and commitment of The Lenfest Center, North10 aims to deepen impact as a place-based community agent, focused on affordable housing, cradle to career education and comprehensive community wellness programming.
In partnership with civic leaders and community stakeholders, North10 will improve life outcomes for residents and provide greater supports to these vibrant neighborhoods where current and future generations can live happy, healthy, and civically engaged lives.
Our vision is that by 2026, Hunting Park and East Tioga will be home to:
● Safe, clean streets; well-maintained green spaces; accessible public transportation; and commercial options that reflect the needs and desires of the community;
● Stable, high-quality housing; readily available resources for homeowners and homebuyers; and both rental and ownership opportunities at a range of prices;
● A high-quality cradle-to-career educational pipeline so that every neighborhood child has access to educational opportunities worthy of their promise;
● Accessible and affordable healthy food; safe, diverse, and well-structured recreation options; physical, mental, and behavioral health services for adults and children; and continuing education opportunities for adults.
About The Opportunity:
The Director of Community Partnerships & Strategy will help the CEO actualize the mission and vision for North10, providing the strategic thought partnership, relationship management, and project management and execution to define and drive all of the organization’s community initiatives.
This is a truly unique opportunity, with high potential for growth, to join a transformative neighborhood revitalization initiative on the ground floor. The Director will join the CEO in a wide variety of community and city-wide contexts, developing relationships with influential leaders and potentially own the build out of a particular initiative. Ultimately, the Director will help craft the story of North10 and partner with the CEO to tell it.
Sample responsibilities include:
● Strategize on partnership and funding opportunities
● Help the CEO prepare for speaking engagements and community meetings
● Synthesize information and project manage actions and next steps
● Write grants and build capacity of community partners to write grants
● Help define and project plan community development initiatives in neighborhood stabilization, affordable housing, cradle to career opportunities and health and wellness work
Sample Day Might Look Like:
● In collaboration with the CEO, host and facilitate a meeting with leaders of local community based organizations, faith leaders, community activists and law enforcement to discuss how to improve prominent commercial corridors and access to affordable housing.
● Drive agenda and follow up for meeting with group of stakeholders engaged in beginning transformation efforts at local school
● Draft grant application in support of local community development corporation in areas of job training, benefits enrollment and housing and financial empowerment
● Begin research to identify and attract a high quality early childhood provider to neighborhood and begin drafting associated partnership agreement
● Attend and speak on behalf of CEO at stakeholder meeting to introduce prospective funders to the work of North10
Desired First Year Outcomes:
● Develop marketing collateral that is compelling and accurately communicates the mission, vision, current initiatives, and outcomes of the organization
● Create compelling narrative/talking points for North10 that engage and excite a wide range of stakeholders, including funders and community leaders
● Completion of project plan of one or more community initiatives which shepherds it from idea stage to action and execution
● Design seamless process for drafting and submitting grants in support of North10 initiatives
● Deeply believe in the mission and vision of North10, Philadelphia, demonstrated by prior experience in community development & engagement, urban development & transformation, and/or other community relations/partnerships
● Have experience in grant writing and fundraising, including directly soliciting donors
● Bring passion and excitement about working on the ground and in partnership with the local community to revitalize the Hunting Park and East Tioga, ideally through a meaningful connection to or experience with North Philadelphia
● Thrive in and are able to execute in a “startup”, entrepreneurial-like environment characterized by ambiguity and not having a road map
● Have a strong track record of designing, leading and executing on projects through completion
● Are highly skilled written and verbal communicators and storytellers, with a strong track record of drafting clear and thoughtful prose and engaging a variety of stakeholders
● Bring demonstrated or emerging leadership skills; having served as a close thought partner to an enterprise leader or served on a senior leadership team
● Ideally have Spanish language fluency
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the organization’s mission and qualifications for the position to: http://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply
North10, Philadelphia. is an “equal opportunity employer.” It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex or gender or condition, gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.