Director of Business Development, JEVS Human Services
Posted by JEVS Human Services on August 20, 2018
JEVS Human Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a driven, problem solver to join our growing team as the Director of Business Development. We are seeking an individual with strategic planning skills and the ability to network and develop lasting relationships.
As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for providing strategic and leadership support to the SVP of Business Development, and you will be instrumental in fostering agency growth.
Within this role you will collaborate with members of the Business Development department and with the Executive team to conceptualize and design new programs and fundable service models. To be successful, you must develop relationships to secure substantial funding and contract awards as well as to establish partnerships and affiliations vital for agency growth.
Ensure that all programs are prepared for the implementation of Managed Care in PA, as well as called upon to be part of Managed Care Organization Provider Networks by:
- Relationship building and management with Managed Care Organizations, including presentation development and communication support,
- Operational strategic and business planning,
- Marketing tactic design and implementation, and
- Research and development support for innovation and service designs.
- Business growth and geographic expansion through innovation, business planning and mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify funding sources for program sustainability and enhancements, vet opportunities, write proposals and reports, as well as work with grant writing partners for proposal completion.
- Secure commitments from prospective funding and operational partners in support of the business development activity; as necessary, engage and deploy senior executives, board members, and other champions to help secure commitments.
- Assist with implementation of new program development efforts by continuing to liaise with funders and partner agencies, ensuring quality control, and supporting implementing managers as necessary.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and support management of expenses within budget parameters.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Must have the ability to work with autonomy and to manage multiple projects with productive results.
- Knowledge of business development and fundraising best practices required; experience with proposal and report writing, and grant processes preferred
- Must be computer proficient; Microsoft suite experience, required
- Experience using Salesforce preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.