Director of Advancement, Big Picture Phila.
Posted by Big Picture Philadelphia on March 29, 2022
About Big Picture Philadelphia
Big Picture Philadelphia (BPP) challenges systemic inequities in education by providing transformative learning experiences at two public high schools in North Philadelphia — El Centro de Estudiantes (El Centro) and Vaux Big Picture High School (Vaux). As proud members of the Big Picture Learning network, we build on students’ strengths, help them identify their interests, and connect them to their passions– within and outside the school building. Our integrated, community-focused approach to education and personal development ensures students build the skills, confidence, networks, and credentials needed to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals.
Big Picture Philadelphia is looking for a high-energy, mission driven, established development professional to conceptualize, build and implement a forward-looking, multi-year fundraising strategy aligned to the organization’s mission and strategic direction. A newly established position, the Director of Advancement will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with the Big Picture Philadelphia Board of Directors. Additionally, they will serve as an active member of BPP’s Leadership Team, working alongside the Directors of Human Resources, Operations, Systems and Supports, and Real World Learning; as well as the principals of Vaux Big Picture High School and el Centro de Estudiantes. The Director of Advancement will supervise the Associate Director of Grants and Strategic Communications and be responsible for the overall operations and growth of the BPP Development and Communications Department.
- Conceptualize, build and implement a forward-looking, multi-year fundraising strategy to include
revenue generation from local and national foundation grants, public contracts and major gifts
- With support from the Associate Director of Grants and Strategic Communications, grow a robust grants schedule and stewardship calendar
- Build the infrastructure and tools necessary to support an efficient and effective development program,
including significant expansion of diverse partnership networks
- Drive strategic efforts to strengthen BPP’s brand and relationship with the local community, current and potential investors, and the broader education and workforce development ecosystems in Philadelphia and nationally
- Engage in all BPP Leadership Team activities and Board events
- Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
- Homeowner Services Intake Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 11
- Individual Giving Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.