Director, Johnson Center for Learning & Impact
Posted by Isles on March 22, 2022
Isles, a nationally recognized nonprofit community development and environmental organization
founded to foster self-reliant families in healthy, sustainable communities, is looking for a Director of the recently founded Johnson Center for Learning & Impact. The successful candidate will lead a unique ‘think, learn, and teach’ Center based upon Isles’ on-the-ground work. She/he will adeptly lead and coordinate operations of the Center, working effectively with universities, policy leaders, and other public, private and community-based stakeholders.
Position Overview: Reporting to Isles’ CEO, the Director will oversee Johnson Center operations including staff and budget. Primary responsibilities will be to design, develop, and implement the following:
- Organization-wide research and policy agenda, identifying relevant applied research areas that
utilize our on-the-ground experience and long-standing relationships.
- In-house data infrastructure, creating a “Healthy Region” dashboard with key indicators of social,
environmental and physical health.
- Higher education partnerships to develop priority research projects and integrate students,
interns, faculty, and others in community-based research.
- Technical assistance (webinars, trainings, manuals, etc.) for community-based organizations.
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.