Director, Community Engagement, Nemours
Posted by Nemours on October 24, 2016
Nemours is seeking a Director of Community Engagement to join our team in Wilmington, Delaware.
This position is responsible for developing and directing community engagement strategies to enhance Nemours’ goals with key external stakeholders. Working in close collaboration with the Delaware Valley leadership, Government Affairs, and the Fund for Children’s Health, this position provides strategic management and integration of community engagement activities in Delaware and the Delaware Valley.
This position works in close collaboration with various parts of Nemours to expand and diversify support base and external partnerships by building and fostering relationships with individuals, businesses, jurisdictions, agencies, non-profits and educational partners. The position includes a special focus in areas for which public understanding is of particular importance to moving forward Nemours strategy. The position will have overall accountability for balancing strategic objectives and managing program development within an identified scope of influence. The incumbent will respond to inquiries from external agencies and the community, and will supervise a team of managers.
- Creates and leads an integrated community engagement plan in close collaboration with Nemours Delaware strategy
- Serves as advisor to the Nemours leadership about community engagement opportunities
- Leads a team of community relations managers, directs community engagement activities to support Nemours DV-wide and campus-specific initiatives, events, meetings and other activities that advance the Nemours DV’s strategic goals
- Works in concert with key internal and external stakeholders to create and nurture strategic, long-term partnerships and alliances with business and industry, non-profit associations, jurisdictions, agencies, community/cultural groups, among others
- Responds to requests for information and provides subject-matter-expert guidance to other departments, consumers, the general public, and outside agencies. Represents the Nemours DV at key external partner events, locally, regionally and nationally
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, task forces, and/or other related groups to communicate information and engage stakeholders
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates direct reports in order to meet needs identified by DV leadership.
- Provides leadership and administrative oversight in directing team operations, overseeing program goals, compliance with relevant regulations, and coordination of activities between multiple service areas. Develops and administers budgets and approves expenditures
- Coordinates efforts of managers to respond to desires and concerns of stakeholders within the community.
- Serves as advocate and liaison between managers and DV leadership
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by employee’s supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, economic development, management, or nonprofit studies or an appropriate field is preferred or related work experience.
- Preference to those candidates with an understanding of Delaware communities.
- Clearly demonstrated leadership ability and capacity to develop and manage and diverse partnerships.
- Excellent judgment and experience in working with community initiatives, and an understanding of the functional dynamics and business perspectives across multiple sectors.
- Experience in working in multi-faceted matrix team environment is strongly desired.
- Must be highly organized and self-initiating with the ability to work well under pressure within a highly goal-oriented team.
- Must possess and demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, build strong collaborative relationships, and be able to set and meet critical deadlines.
- Some travel and work during the evening and weekends are required.
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.