Director, Center for Community Partnerships
Posted by Temple University on September 24, 2018
The Director of the Center for Community Partnerships provides fiscal, administrative, and programmatic oversight to sponsored projects related to the mission of the Center and Temple University. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President the incumbent will establish a vision and implement department goals and initiatives. Primary responsibilities include: writing and submitting proposals to funders for new or continuing projects; approving, directing and managing the resources of the department, including developing and monitoring budgets; evaluating, reporting on and promoting the work of the Center for Community Partnerships using innovative strategies; ensuring compliance with local, state and federal rules; generating revenue and/or introducing cost reduction initiatives; and overseeing HR issues. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally heterogeneous student populations, and be able to work collaboratively in teams with colleagues.
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects, working knowledge of all applicable computer software, and management skills (including planning, negotiation, and communication skills).
* Demonstrated knowledge of applicable professional principles, and financial and budgeting principles.
* Master’s degree in social work or related field from an accredited program with at least five years of post-Master’s experience.
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures,
This is a grant funded position
This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Corporate Partnerships Director, City Year
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.