Digital Storytelling in Higher Education
Posted by Campus Compact of the Mountain West on February 23, 2015
Please join Campus Compact of the Mountain West on February 27th from 1-3pm MST to hear from college and university faculty and staff in Colorado on their use of digital storytelling to meet the community engagement and academic success needs of their students. Also learn more about the field of digital storytelling in higher education from the Center for Digital Storytelling.
Digital Storytelling has been shown to be a powerful multi-dimensional tool for institutions of higher education to use to assess the experiences of and increase the impact of first-year experiences, community-engaged learning experiences, student success initiatives, and student learning outcomes. For the past 20 years, the Center for Digital Storytelling has been supporting faculty, staff, and students in higher education to reflect on processes that take them out of the classroom and into the world, learning about themselves and the resources they have to adapt to succeed in new contexts. Join us on February 27th from 1-3pm MST to learn how two Colorado institutions have integrated digital storytelling and digital narrative into curricula and programming to innovatively engage students and enhance student service and learning.
Click here to learn more and to register for the webinar!
- Brian Dickson: Program Chair, College Composition & Reading – Community College of Denver
- Lisa Joslyn: Digital Storytelling Coordinator & Student Success Center Coordinator – Community College of Denver
- Marty Otanez: Assistant Professor of Anthropology – University of Colorado Denver
- Daniel Weinshenker: Rocky Mountain/Midwest Region Director – Center for Digital Storytelling
More in "Miscellaneous"
- 2023 Teach Plus Philadelphia Affinity Group Network Participant Interest Form
- Host Site Organizations Wanted for National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship, Greater Philadelphia – Apr 30
- Campus Compact Community Colleges Network Meeting – Dec 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.