Digital Media Specialist, National Constitution Center
Posted by National Constitution Center on August 23, 2022
About the National Constitution Center
The National Constitution Center is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization devoted to teaching about the Constitution. Located on Philadelphia’s historic Independence Mall, steps from where the Constitution was drafted and signed, it serves as America’s leading platform for constitutional education and debate, fulfilling its congressional charter “to disseminate information about the U.S. Constitution on a nonpartisan basis in order to increase awareness and understanding of the Constitution among the American people.”
The Digital Media Specialist responsible for creating and distributing the National Constitution Center’s core digital content and presenting and promoting the Center’s educational initiatives, programming, and exhibits via social media and other digital channels.
This position is based in Philadelphia with flexible remote work opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the NCC’s audiences and voice in order to create compelling, engaging content and messaging that presents news-driven and historical constitutional content in creative, nonpartisan ways
- Develop and implement social media content calendar for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms that highlights the best content, and is reflective of timeliness, social trends, new platform features, and internal strategic priorities
- Create social media campaigns in advance of programs and activities at the Center to raise attendance and build brand/initiatives awareness
- Coordinate paid social media campaigns, as many as 20 at a given time, working closely with social analytics consultants and internal clients to execute
- Provide live social coverage (and audience engagement) of events, programs, and activities at the Center and virtually
- Coordinate livestreaming of in-person and online programs to social platforms, as well as manage video descriptions and playlists on YouTube
- Create graphics using Photoshop and video clips using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Monitor the Center’s news coverage and share/highlight articles on social platforms
- Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all social channels and engage with followers, stakeholders, educators, media, etc. when appropriate
- Manage budget for social media advertising, working closely on reporting requirements for grant funded projects
- Serve as social media liaison for local/national partners and external contacts when appropriate
- Report out on key social media metrics for internal tracking, as well as creating compelling stories about growth, audience reach, examples of successful experimentation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Please note that the Center may change specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
- Accounting Associate (Remote), Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.