Digital Literacy Specialist (Part Time), Girls, Inc.
Posted by Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey on February 8, 2022
Position Summary: The Digital Literacy Specialist is responsible for providing digital literacy instruction to caregivers of children in K-12th grade using the Northstar and other digital literacy curricula. The program is designed to educate and provide adults with 21st Century Digital Literacy Skills which range from basic computer skills to developing competencies in more advanced software such as Microsoft Office and Google.
This is a part-time position that requires a flexible schedule which includes mornings, evenings, and Saturday events as needed.
Primary Responsibility: The Digital Literacy Specialist is responsible for providing digital literacy instruction to caregivers of children in K–12th grade using the Northstar and other digital literacy curricula. The program is designed to educate and provide adults with 21st Century Digital Literacy Skills which range from basic computer skills to developing competencies in more advanced software such as Microsoft Office and Google.
- Facilitate weekly sessions that support the acquisition of basic-to-advanced digital literacy skills.
- Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for sessions.
- Coordinate and manage program course catalog.
- Deliver lessons to adult learnings using a variety of methods; adjust teaching styles and implement accommodations to meet the needs of each participant using adult learning theory/principles.
- Maintain and implement high quality and program safety standards.
- Establish a positive rapport and create a safe, engaging learning environment for all participants. Ensure that all individuals feel welcome and engaged in the program.
- Work collaboratively with the program implementation team to identify areas for program support, growth, and expansion.
- Practice the duties and responsibilities of a mandated reporter for suspected child abuse under current Girls Inc. policies and procedures, as required.
- Act in accordance with Girls Inc. purpose, policies, and goals, representing Girls Inc. in community activities in consonance with established policies.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter in PDF format to Cherice G. Arrington, Associate Director of Programs & Advocacy at carrington@girlsincpa–nj.org.
The subject line of email should include: Your full name and “Girls Inc. Digital Literacy Specialist Application”.
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received or until the position is filled.
To learn more about Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey, please view our website.
Compensation: $20 per hour
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Prison Monitoring Regional Organizer/Manager, PA Prison Society
- Hiring Event-Job Fair, The Behavioral Wellness Center – Mar 22
- Workforce Development Job Coach (Part-Time), Educators 4 Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.