Digital Health Navigator (Temporary, Full-Time), Health Federation
Posted by Health Federation of Philadelphia on April 19, 2022
Digital health navigation is an emerging need in the field of healthcare. The Digital Health Navigator will play a critical part in a pilot program to develop and test this innovative role in community health
centers where the need for this support is significant. The Digital Health Navigator will be a part of the Population Health Team and will ultimately be responsible for working directly with patients in the clinic and in their homes to support engagement with technology that increases access to care. This includes working closely with clinic staff and patients to improve access to devices, connectivity, and skills training; supporting improved use of patient-facing healthcare technology, including remote patient monitoring devices like self-reporting blood pressure cuffs, engagement with telehealth visits, and use of patient portals; and increasing knowledge of and application for benefits available to patients to optimize this work. This position will report directly to the Senior Project Manager.
- Work with Population Health and Training and Organizational Development teams and health center staff to define the Digital Health Navigator role, including helping to develop and test training curricula, providing regular feedback on what’s working and what’s not in the field, and documenting all aspects of the role.
- Provide education support to patients in the health center and in their homes on how to use technology to connect to care, including how to use remote monitoring equipment, how to participate in a telehealth visit, and how to use their patient portal.
- Help patients to set-up and test devices and technology.
- Establish e-mail addresses and passwords, when needed.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise on eligibility, enrollment, program specifications, and general benefits available for accessibility programs like the Affordable Connectivity Program and SanoHealth. Assess patient eligibility for these programs, assist with enrollment, and use of benefits once approved.
- Work with health center staff to identify patients considered a high priority due to a lack of digital access, health conditions, and/or participation in specific remote monitoring programs.
- Track and manage all data needed to meet reporting requirements, including number of patients assisted, support provided, barriers encountered, and outcomes.
- Support development of patient-facing education materials focused on healthcare technology
and connecting to care.
- Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
- Homeowner Services Intake Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 11
- Individual Giving Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.