Development Specialist, Monell Center
Posted by Monell Center on August 2, 2022
Summary: The Development Specialist reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of Monell’s fundraising initiatives. The position is full–time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead administrator for the fundraising database (Bloomerang), which is one of two primary customer relationship management (CRM) tools used by the Monell Center institutional advancement (development, communications, and corporate partners) team. Work collaboratively with other staff to align the two databases when appropriate.
- Track and manage foundation submissions and produce a foundation outlook to be distributed Center–wide to assist grantseekers. Provide administrative support to foundation submissions including reporting on outcomes.
- Manage annual appeals including pulling queries, creating segmented mailing and distribution lists, print design, email design layout and strategy, working with outside vendors on fulfillment, recording and acknowledging donations, and processing matching gifts.
- Conduct donor prospect research, draft grant proposals, write reports, and produce regular financial reports for staff and board members.
- Assist with planning and lead the project management of fundraising events. When appropriate, coordinate efforts with Center–wide events committee.
- Work closely with Monell’s Communications Specialist to align and coordinate messaging and track outcomes.
- Design invitations, emails, other print and multi–media materials, and create and manage webpages and forms for online giving.
- Interface regularly with all members of the institutional advancement team and, in some cases, other scientists and staff to further the overall goals of the Center.
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.