Development Officer for Women’s Philanthropy, Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Jewish Federation’s Department of Women’s Philanthropy (WP) is the organization’s largest affinity group and is responsible for $6 million in gifts a year. The WP Development Officer will be part of a team that is responsible for identifying, educating, cultivating and stewarding female donors who have giving potential from $1,000 to $50,000.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Working with volunteers and other professionals facilitate conversations, cultivate relationships and identify gifting opportunities through multiple giving options such as annual, one-time, endowments and targeted giving opportunities
- Face-to-face solicitation of donors
- Supervision and gift development partnership with assigned volunteer gift developers
- Steward Jewish Federation donors and ensure proper gift recognition and develop long-range strategies for major donors
- Provide education and training about Jewish Federation through the Women’s Leadership Development Program, missions to Israel, recognition events and other programming to solicit gifts and support volunteers in their fundraising activities
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in successful fundraising/sales for larger, sophisticated nonprofit or sales and marketing organizations with demonstrated success in cultivating and stewarding successively larger gifts or accounts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Event planning
- Excellent interpersonal / stewardship skills
- Proven experience working with committees and volunteers
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Access to a car
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY:
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to HR@jewishphilly.org.
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
- Academic Coordinator for Online Instruction, Civic Education Project – Summer 2022
- Program Manager (Full-Time), Book Trust – Feb 2
- Real-World Learning Project Manager, Phila. Learning Collaborative
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.