Development Officer, Clean Air Council
Posted by Clean Air Council on January 7, 2020
Description of Responsibilities: The Development Officer is responsible for individual giving and stewardship of the Council’s members.
The Development Officer’s fundraising responsibilities include:
- Maintain relationships and increase the activity of the Council’s Board.
- Build, maintain and fine-tune a portfolio of “major donors”.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and work to “step-up” members into the major donors category.
- Grow the Council’s Planned Gift program.
- Orchestrate, write and send out multiple mass-messaging campaigns each year.
- Oversee publication of newsletters, letters, e-mails, brochures and other informational pieces.
- Analyze results of previous campaigns and adjust future strategies based on results.
- Increase size and source of membership revenue.
- Organize annual Members’ Week that leads into the broader year end campaign.
- Work with Special Events staff on member benefits as well as creatively integrating fundraising into events.
- Identify and connect with individuals or organizations with the potential to benefit the Council.
The Development Officer’s administrative responsibilities include:
- Managing donor information in Salesforce and Salsa.
- Managing communications through Salsa.
- Working with outside vendors to design, layout and complete newsletters and other member communication materials.
- Handle queries from members and ensure that staff responds when applicable.
- Play a lead role in what goes on the Council website and social media.
- Provide information on membership to legal team when asked.
The Council is a small organization, and as such, the Council may call on employees to assist in tasks that fall outside of the employee’s job description. The Development Officer is expected to perform these tasks when asked to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience (experience at an advocacy organization a plus)
- Experience with digital fundraising and/or creating digital campaigns
- Desire to learn and grow as a fundraiser
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain multiple varying deadlines
- Passion for environmental causes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Familiarity with photo editing tools
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM and SalsaLabs strongly preferred
About Clean Air Council:
Clean Air Council is Philadelphia’s oldest and most effective local environmental non-profit. Founded in 1967, the Council is dedicated to protecting everyone’s right to clean air and a healthy environment. The Council works through public education, community advocacy, and government oversight to ensure enforcement of environmental laws.
Clean Air Council strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and those with disabilities to apply.
Salary $37,000-$42,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should sent a letter of interest with resume to Joe Minott at [email protected] and John Lee at [email protected] (please include “Development Officer Application” in the email subject line). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.