Development Intern, The Food Trust
Posted by on October 17, 2011
The Food Trust, founded in 1992, is a non-profit organization working to ensure that everyone has access to affordable, nutritious food. The Food Trust works to educate the public about good nutrition and to increase the availability of fresh food. The Food Trust works with school districts, supermarket operators, corner store owners, public and private partners, and farmers to make fresh food and nutrition education available to everyone. More information about The Food Trust is available at http://www.TheFoodTrust.org
The Food Trust’s Development team is looking for an enthusiastic and committed intern to help support fundraising efforts including donor communications, grant-writing, corporate sponsorships, events and other activities. The development intern position provides an ideal opportunity for an individual interested in nonprofit management and development to learn about the diverse efforts and strategies of a nationally-recognized organization while building fundraising skills and on-the-ground experience.
Intern responsibilities include:
• Update and maintain Giftworks donor database and regular donor communications
• Coordinate communications and logistics with Farmers’ Market and Night Market sponsors
• Help to plan and support fundraising events, “friend-raisers,” and other development activities
• Assist with grant research and grant proposals
• Support staff in completing prospect research for new and existing donors
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions.
The ability to work with others in a collegial environment to implement the agency’s vision. The ideal candidate will have the following personal characteristics: a passion for excellence; a high energy level;
a sense of humor; an open mind; a commitment to The Food Trust’s mission.
Open Date and Hours: Start immediately, 10-15 hours per week (flexible)
To apply: E-mail your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Development intern” in the subject line. Please do not call.
The Food Trust adheres to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities to all job applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
- Associate Vice President of Career Pathways, Steppingstone Scholars
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.