Development Director, Pathways To Housing Inc. – PA
Posted by Pathways To Housing Inc. on July 14, 2014
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director conducts and coordinates ongoing development efforts to raise funds and cultivate relationships with donors. The position involves broad responsibility for the design and execution of fundraising projects and includes the solicitation of new and existing major individual donors; overseeing annual fund and corporate giving programs; identify and acquire appropriate grants; organize events; manage social media and web content; and provide oversight for the integrity of the donor database. This position is part of the agency’s management team.
- Identify, define and acquire appropriate funding resources
- Design and implement a comprehensive development program and appropriate marketing strategies
- Design, implement and maintain a structured fund and friend-raising program
- Work collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of economic support for programs/projects
- Develop strategies for and coordinate all fund-raising activities of Pathways to Housing PA in keeping with the agency’s goals
- Aggressively seek new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors.
- Develop and maintain active and productive relationships with board members, donors and administration
- Implement and manage fundraising software and donor database
- Manage PR & Marketing activities, including social media and the website
- Develop and oversee organization of special events (fundraising)
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Create office systems to support all development projects and operations
- Coordinate development research activities
- Work in concert with the Executive Director to support the Board of Directors, providing hands on guidance, coaching, motivation and training; lead efforts to engage Board fundraising.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in development with a portfolio of success grant applications
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising software
- Ability to meet people with ease; ability to write and edit effectively; ability to communicate the written and spoken work with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary
- Good organizational skills, well disciplined, able to meet deadlines, self starter, able to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines; ability to work well effectively with volunteers
- Good understanding of the Philadelphia area as well as regional and national markets
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques; knowledge of long-range planning process; good managerial skills
- Must have highly developed interpersonal skills
Posted on: July 3, 2014
- Employer Recruitment Consultant
- Development and Special Events Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
- Marketing Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.