Development and Marketing Associate, Montgomery Early Learning Centers
Posted by Montgomery Early Learning Centers on August 25, 2014
Posted on: August 1, 2014
The Development and Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting fundraising operations for MELC. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, self-directed professional committed to playing a key role in MELC’s fundraising activities, primarily with individuals, but also including corporate sponsors and foundations. Key activities include donor acknowledgements and other related materials, maintaining MELC’s donor database and online fundraising portal, managing preparations for special fundraising events and donor meetings, collaborating with program staff to maximize donor attendance at MELC events, generating reports for staff and Board, and conducting donor research.
- Manages donor database and donor acknowledgement process.
- Facilitates preparation of donor/prospect profiles maintaining confidentiality.
- Serves as the primary contact for database troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Assists with tracking development-related expenses for the purposes of annual budgeting and periodic financial reports.
- Coordinates MELC’s online fundraising efforts.
2. Constituent Relations
- Assists Director of Advancement with development of relationship planning for various constituent groups.
- Provides support to committees and volunteers as needed for special events or other development activities.
- Coordinates the logistics for special events, including vendor arrangements, entertainment, registration process and day-of-event logistics with venues.
- Assists with finalizing guest lists, invitations, and other event-related mailings.
- Coordinates the recruitment and management of all development related volunteers.
4. Mailings, Appeal and Collateral Materials
- Supports the preparation of fundraising appeals and annual reports, including liaising with vendors as appropriate.
- Assists with the development of collateral or promotional materials.
- Supports gift acknowledgement in organization publications, including annual report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- PHLConnectED Grants Consultant – Jan 31
- Safety Captains, Fab Youth Philly
- Director of Development and Communications, TeenSHARP
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.