Development and Communications Specialist, New Directions for Women
Posted by on February 06, 2012
New Directions for Women, Inc. (NDFW)
4807 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144
The mission of New Directions for Women is to empower female offenders to become independent, responsible, law-abiding members of the community, with the capacity and confidence to care for themselves and their families.
POSITION: Development and Communication Specialist
STATUS: Full-time- 40 hours weekly, occasional evening and weekend hours
SALARY: $30,000-$35,000 annually -plus benefits
GENERAL POLICY: SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF 90 DAY PROBATION
The Development and Communication Specialist will work with and be supervised by the Executive Director. He or she will also work directly with the Fund Development Committee, Events/Party Committee and other staff and volunteers in support of all aspects of fundraising and marketing efforts. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, but within a team atmosphere. The successful candidate must be smart, friendly, detail oriented, thorough, organized, resourceful, professional and a proactive starter. The work requires discretion with confidential information. The job may require completion of tasks with very little direction. Superior time management skills are required, with demonstrated ability to successfully handle concurrent projects and assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Managing membership and individual donor records, database segmentation
2. Processing and acknowledging donations through Giftworks
3. Coordinating the annual fund/appeal, donor solicitation and follow-up
4. Assisting with donor and member cultivation events and activities
5. Overseeing implementation of new marketing plans, including preparation of promotional material.
6. Providing primary staff support and coordination of special events with Party Committee
7. Coordinating electronic communication with Board and other staff as needed.
8. Implementing and updating website
9. Developing and managing social media efforts
10. Assisting in tracking and measuring the success of various cultivation, communication and solicitation strategies
11. Assisting with development and maintenance of foundation/grant tracking database
12. Assisting with grant writing/solicitations
1. Two years’ experience with fundraising and/or non-profit management preferable
2. Technologically savvy to help redesign and update our website through Dreamweaver.
3. Some experience designing promotional materials.
4. Computer proficiency in internet research, Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and Power Point).
5. Experience with relational and/or fundraising databases.
6. Strong reporting and administrative writing skills.
7. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
8. Professional and Problem-solving skills a must.
9. Great verbal and interpersonal skills.
10. Graduation from 4- Year College or accredited school in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communication, Non-profit Management or related fields preferred.
Resumes may be sent to: Carolyn Stewart, Executive Director, New Directions for Women, 4807 Germantown Ave. Phila, PA. 19144 or to email@example.com
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
- Adult Learning Lead Instructor, Project HOME
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.