Development and Communications Associate, Education Law Center
Posted by Education Law Center on June 26, 2017
Education Law Center (ELC) is a nonprofit legal advocacy organization dedicated to ensuring access to quality public education for all children in Pennsylvania. The Development and Communications Associate is a key member of the ELC team and supports all aspects of ELC’s fundraising and communications efforts. The position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director.
• Assist in developing and implementing all aspects of ELC’s annual giving program, including direct mail, online appeals, social media, and special events
• Assist with prospect and donor correspondence, including: digital and print solicitations, acknowledgements, and stewardship materials
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor materials in print and on website
• Maintain the ELC donor database (Donor Perfect), including entering donations, updating donor information, and producing mailings and reports
• Maintain donor and prospect tracking systems using donor management database
• Track metrics to evaluate and improve fundraising initiatives
• Support donor prospecting, research, cultivation, and solicitation activities
• Assist grant writer with producing and submitting proposals and reports
• Partner with staff attorneys in developing marketing and donor communications about ELC’s legal advocacy work and client stories
• Coordinate and staff ELC’s annual fundraising event and smaller events held throughout the year
• Compose and/or edit email newsletters/alerts and develop and schedule social media content
• Support ELC’s communications efforts, working with communications consultants and staff
• Organize ELC resources (e.g. fact sheets, presentations) online and maintain internal records of ELC materials and media coverage.
• Previous development and/or marketing experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and to complete them in a timely manner
• Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and organizational skills; ability to articulate the organization’s mission, program objectives, and resource needs
• Familiarity with donor management or other CRM software (familiarity with Donor Perfect and WordPress a plus)
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work effectively with staff across departments
Submissions reviewed on a rolling basis. E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Development and Communications Associate” in the subject line. Please, no telephone calls.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and generous benefits are provided. The Education Law Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability and encourages people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
- Enrollment and Partnerships Manager, Let’s Get Ready
- Communications Manager, National Constitution Center
- Digital Media Specialist, National Constitution Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.