Deputy – Employee and Labor Relations, School District of Phila. – Oct 31
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on September 15, 2020
Plans, develops and directs a comprehensive and expanding employee and labor relations services program. Serves as a chief resource to management in the interpretation of management and labor rights, prerogatives, and obligations within the framework of established labor contracts and agreements. Acts as the liaison between labor and management negotiating teams. Assists administrators in the implementation and integration of school policies and contractual obligations.
- Reviews and evaluates the work of subordinates through general staff meetings and individual conferences regarding grievances, contractual issues and disciplinary matters.
- Directs and reviews contract interpretation and management; reviews and interprets policies and procedures within the framework of existing laws, acts, Board of Education Action Items, and personnel procedures; serves as chief resource to management on the interpretation of contract language and obligations through staff development meetings, individual conferences and telephone contacts.
- Assists management in the implementation of school policy and contractual obligations; provides the methodology for processing grievances; prepares arbitration and step two grievance hearings; attends employee discipline conferences as an advisor to administrators; provides backup information necessary to support management’s stance on issues; prepares briefs in conjunction with the Office of General Counsel detailing the effects of arbitration decisions and contract matters on employee relations and human resources policies and operations.
- Serves as liaison between various unions and the District in the resolution of ongoing problems and issues; acts as liaison between labor and management contract negotiating teams; attends and participates in highly sensitive labor management discussions; advises negotiators on writing contract language; studies and analyzes current national trends and decisions in collective bargaining; develops relationships with other public sector labor relations organizations through networking and membership in professional organizations; exchanges information regarding current trends in labor relations activities with District negotiators.
- Oversees the assignment of newly established job classifications to appropriate bargaining or meet and confer units.
- Service-Learning Trainer, NYLC
- DZ BANK Fellowship on Transatlantic Business and Finance – Jul 30
- IT Workforce Programs Coordinator
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.