Demographic Evolution of the American Electorate
Posted by Center for American Progress on April 6, 2015
States of Change: The Demographic Evolution of the American Electorate, 1974–2060
10 big trends that are transforming America
The States of Change: Demographics and Democracy project is a collaboration supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation that brings together the Center for American Progress, the American Enterprise Institute, and demographer William H. Frey of the Brookings Institution. The project’s goals are:
- To document and analyze the challenges to democracy posed by the rapid demographic evolution from the 1970s to 2060
- To project the race-ethnic composition of every state to 2060, which has not been done for 20 years
- To promote a wide-ranging and bipartisan discussion of America’s demographic future and what it portends for the nation’s political parties and policy
More in "New Resources"
- New Article: Students Offer Lessons on Enhancing Engagement in Youth Programs
- Every Voice, Every Vote Launches
- New E-Books Added To POWER Library For Pennsylvanians
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.