Delivering the Childhood Obesity Prevention Message in Schools and Communities
Posted by on August 11, 2008
Healthy Foods, Healthy Moves: Delivering the Childhood Obesity Prevention Message in Schools and Communities
October 2-3, 2008
2008 Conference: Preventing childhood obesity is our priority
On October 2-3, 2008, CLOCC and CISC will be hosting Healthy Foods, Healthy Moves: Delivering the Childhood Obesity Prevention Message in Schools and Communities.
This national conference will share lessons learned from the Healthy Foods, Healthy Moves project as well as other program models from across the country. Also, through specfic tracks focusing on partnerships, social marketing, and youth advocacy, attendees will be able to focus on their own specific areas of interest.
The conference will provide participants with strategies, tools, and materials to address the childhood obesity epidemic in their schools and communities.
* Hear from experts and participate in exciting workshops
* Learn how to apply project strategies locally
* Receive a tool kit of practical tactics and resources
Follow the links to:
read speaker bios: http://www.healthyfoodshealthymoves.org/conference/bios.html
register for the conference: http://www.healthyfoodshealthymoves.org/conference/register.html
To receive additional conference information as it becomes available, sign up here.
A Program Replication Manual is included as part of your participation in the conference. Each attendee will receive a binder of program materials, which can assist you in creating your own program at your organization.
- IARSLCE 2021 Virtual Gathering: Reflections on a Tumultuous Time and an Invitation to Gather – Nov 15-17
- Call for Proposals: Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference – Nov 10
- 33rd Annual National Service-Learning Conference: Student Showcase Applications – Dec 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.