Deep Dive Training on Screening mentors
Posted by Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center on January 30, 2017
Join the Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center on February 22 for a Mentoring Program Deep Dive Training on Screening mentors and mentees for safety and sustainability based on the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th edition.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Summarize the screening benchmarks for mentors and mentees
- Identify screening practices to determine whether mentor applicants will have the time, commitment, and personal qualities to effectively mentor
- List the key components of a comprehensive criminal background check process
- Translate screening requirements to meet the needs of their program design and setting
- Apply the screening standard from the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th edition to program practices
Intended audience: mentoring program staff, leadership, and board members
Tickets are $60.00 per person.
Register here: https://mprcscreeningfeb17.eventbrite.com
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.