Data Analyst, Philadelphia VIP
Posted by Philadelphia VIP on August 11, 2014
Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to low-income clients. Philadelphia VIP seeks an accountable, goal oriented, team player to leverage cutting edge information systems for data capture, reporting, analysis, visualization, and presentation. Within the Operations team, the Data Analyst will collect and report actionable information, to ensure that VIP’s Board, management, and staff can make informed business decisions to advance VIP’s mission and communicate VIP’s impact and outcomes to key stakeholders. The candidate should be a self-starter, highly accurate and detail oriented, and successful at planning projects and meeting deadlines. The candidate should be able to communicate quantitative concepts and findings clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing. The Data Analyst should value volunteers, enjoy working on a collaborative team, and care deeply about access to justice for underserved communities.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and coursework in quantitative areas, including but not limited to Management Information Systems, Statistics, and/or Mathematics. The candidate needs experience with Microsoft Office applications, and strong knowledge and skills in essential software applications related to data capture, analysis, and presentation, including but not limited to relational databases (e.g., SQL, Access, Python), statistical programs (e.g., R, SAS, Excel), and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerPoint, Flare). This position is full time and non-exempt, with generous benefits and a great team atmosphere.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Data Analyst will:
Manage and leverage VIP’s core information system (Legal Server):
• Maintain and modify databases to capture program data from multiple sources, such as volunteer and donor profiles, case records, and registrations.
• Create, analyze, and maintain quality control protocols for core program data, identifying inaccuracies and outliers, and communicating with staff to ensure data is correct.
• Work with staff to develop database modules, calculations, and analytic processes to serve diverse stakeholders, including funders, program directors, and regulators.
• Use computer coding and programming skills as needed to clean, merge, aggregate, and format datasets and to adapt databases with needed additions.
• Execute the Legal Server training program and provide first line Legal Server user support.
Design, analyze, and present quantitative reports for evidence based decisions:
• Design and execute data queries and reports for outcomes measurement and program evaluation by VIP’s Board, management, funders, and other stakeholders.
• Develop and utilize standardized protocols to identify and correct dataset issues and systematize data for future analysis.
• Serve on the Strategic Plan Implementation Group.
• Create surveys, tables, figures, and charts for research, presentations, and publications.
• Present findings orally and in writing to stakeholders and staff as needed.
Provide proactive operational support for agency infrastructure and programs:
• Develop and implement new volunteer data protocols and maintain accurate volunteer data.
• Assist with VIP’s role as accredited CLE course provider, including data capture and analysis through attorney enrollments, credit fulfillment, and program evaluation.
• Assist with planning, execution, and follow-up for clinics, trainings, and other events.
• Maintain and upgrade agency technology, software, equipment, and devices.
• Monitor VIP website to implement system updates and maintenance.
• Document procedures and instructions as needed.
• Assist with implementation of information governance and records retention policy.
• Provide administrative support as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
DEADLINE: ASAP – submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority to those received by August 15, 2014. HOW TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter (please include salary requirements and potential start date), resume, unofficial transcript, and list of pertinent courses, program proficiencies, and certifications, to Elaine Petrossian, Director of Operations, EPetrossian@phillyvip.org. Please, no telephone calls.
PHILADELPHIA VIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.