Data Analyst, Defenders Assoc. of Phila.
Posted by Defenders Association of Philadelphia on June 21, 2022
The Defender Association of Philadelphia is looking for Data Analyst to provide comprehensive data analysis and policy reports to support the Police Accountability Unit by compiling and analyzing data relating to policing in Philadelphia. The successful candidate will be able to convert complex datasets into insights enabling the Defender to make informed, data-driven decisions supported by both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the attorneys and the policy analyst in the Police Accountability Unit to compile and summarize broad statistical information for use in developing internal reports, grant proposals, and external communications to various stakeholders such as the criminal defense bar, City Council, and our community
- Liaise with experts in the fields of criminology, sociology, mathematics, and computer science on data projects relating to policing, indigent defense, and the criminal legal system
- Develop statistical reports as exhibits in criminal cases and testify to their findings in court.
- Manage data collection, including cleaning, importing, and coding datasets for web-based databases and visual presentations.
- Liaise between legal staff and IT department to ensure precise and accurate communication of data needs and availability.
- Provide statistical commentary on external reports and publications to ensure proper interpretation and justify Defender positions in public discussions
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.