Dashboard Developer and Data Coach, School District of Philadelphia
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on July 30, 2018
Develops, in collaboration with District leaders, the design and requirements for the performance management dashboard (PMD) while supporting the overall strategy and implementation for performance management dashboard-related initiatives for the District. Oversees, coordinates, monitors, and provides effective planning and support for District and regional dashboard initiatives which impact both instructional and operational areas. Develops district, regional, and school-level dashboard views. To foster efficient and effective use of the PMD by stakeholders and to support data-driven decision making, provides related training and coaching, including data literacy for the PMD data elements, to business users. Builds capacity in support of District PMD, data-driven initiatives, and data-informed interventions through co-planning and collaboration with central office personnel, District instructional leaders, and Information Technology.
- Develops effective performance dashboards and reporting tools using the PMD system aligned with gathered stakeholder and business user requirements.
- Coordinates with the PMD vendor to ensure timely and efficient delivery of PMD views to District stakeholders.
- Develops engaging, clear, and actionable data visualizations using the PMD system to support data-driven decision-making aligned with District leadership’s priorities.
- Gathers, documents and validates requirements from stakeholders and business users as they relate to data reporting, visualizations and resultant user training and coaching.
- Surveys stakeholders’ existing reporting tools and systems to determine dashboard needs and identify gaps.
- Cleans, analyzes, and manipulates large data sets from source systems to conduct exploratory and predictive analyses, identify relationships, patterns, trends, and key performance indicators, and inform data modeling and visualizations.
- Guides and conducts quality assurance testing procedures in areas of assigned focus and responsibility, including testing of visualizations and analyses of large data sets.
- Maintains business rules and data dictionaries, data models, data flow diagrams, etc. in areas of assigned focus and responsibility.
- Tracks and prioritizes requests with input from District leadership to ensure consistent delivery of PMD and reports across varied data views, reporting levels, and stakeholder groups.
- Participates in the design and delivery of PMD related stakeholder and business user training and coaching, with focus on key education performance indicators (e.g. attendance, reading levels, graduation rates, post-secondary enrollment).
- Develops materials required for PMD stakeholder and business user engagement, such as user guides and presentations.
- Evaluates effectiveness of PMD and related reports; identifies opportunities for improvements, and modifies and/or recommends changes in response to annual evaluation of the PMD, including user survey.
- Participates in the evaluation of the PMD vendor’s performance.
- In collaboration with Information Technology, ensures the dashboard and reporting server processes continue to run and operate in the most efficient manner possible through monitoring of usage reports, error logs, and user feedback.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to automate processes required to maintain platform performance and availability.
- Participates in a collaborative work environment, with stakeholders, business users and Information Technology.
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.