Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
Posted by African Family Health Organization on February 7, 2023
The Cultural Health Navigator (Male Engagement) plays a critical role in primarily engaging males of the African and Afro-Caribbean immigrant and refugee communities in the African Family Health Organization’s (AFAHO) health and social service programs and providing comprehensive case management services to support the health and social development of vulnerable individuals and families in the greater Philadelphia area. These programs focus on chronic and infectious disease, providing education, support and linkage to health and social services, behavioral health and more.
The Health Navigator’s responsibilities fall into three main categories:
(1) Promotion & Outreach: conduct awareness-raising activities, outreach, and client recruitment into AFAHO’s programs by having a presence at various community events and spaces that are highly populated by African and Afro-Caribbean immigrants and refugees.
(2) Case Management: accompany and advocate for clients as they navigate health, education, and social systems to gain access to services they need. Conduct thorough assessments and regular follow-up with caseloads and implement a plan of care for each case. Make appointments, coordinate transportation, and conduct follow up with health and other offices to ensure proper care is received.
(3) Community & Individual Education and Linkage to Care: organize and facilitate a variety of health and social service workshops for community members and connect clients to screenings and relevant resources to address client needs.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, solutions focused team player who is passionate about improving their community’s health and self-sufficiency status. They will have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment and will have a desire for continuous learning. This position will require some flexibility in schedule to accommodate client needs and will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential client information and situations with integrity and professionalism.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before February 13, 2023.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- HBCU Summer Fellowship, Defender Association of Philadelphia – Mar 31
- Narrative Change Strategist (Hybrid Position), Elon University
- Director, Children’s Community School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.