Cross-Cultural Facilitation Skills for Diversity Trainers, Educators & Therapists
Posted by Stir Fry Seminars on April 30, 2018
Cross-Cultural Facilitation Skills for Diversity Trainers, Educators & Therapists: Five Day Intensive
June 20-24, 2018
Wednesday: 2pm-9pm; Thursday-Saturday 8am – 5pm; Sunday: 8am-2pm
Facilitated by Lee Mun Wah & Rainbow Markell
Facilitating a group with many cross-cultural perspectives and experiences requires a keen understanding and knowledge of how cultural differences can impact group dynamics, relationships and their sense of safety.
In this unique training, Lee Mun Wah will guide each participant through a series of exercises and mindful techniques that will enhance their understanding of the impact of culture on relationships, conflictual cultural situations, as well as how to develop a deeper and more authentic sense of community and openness within diverse groups.
Participants will explore their perception and attitudes about diversity issues through the use of films, books, vignettes and personal stories. They will learn to:
- Listen and respond from a Buddhist & Eastern Approach
- Notice the impact and intent of all our communications and actions
- Discover the importance of curiosity as a mediation tool
- Make use of non-verbal communications
- Use Mindful Techniques to de-escalate a conflict wthin minutes
- Ask 26 culturally-sensitive questions that create safety & trust
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
- Call for Proposals: 2024 Active Citizens Conference – Jan 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.