Critical Path Digital Training Coordinator, Philadelphia FIGHT
Posted by on December 05, 2010
Critical Path Digital Training Coordinator
Critical Path Digital Training Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the technology education and computer literacy programs at Philadelphia FIGHT and providing low-income Philadelphians with training on computer skills for the 21st century. The Coordinator will be responsible for enhancing and developing new curriculum, scheduling classes, recruiting and training staff, volunteers, and participants, collaborating with FIGHT’s many partner organizations, ensuring proper collection of data, and reporting outcomes. The Critical Path Digital Training Coordinator represents Philadelphia FIGHT both on site and in the community, in a courteous, efficient manner that reflects the high level of integrity and customer service mandated by Philadelphia FIGHT.
• Designs and develops computer training curriculum and digital literacy classes including classes on computer fundamentals, productivity software, advanced computer topics, and workshops such as accessing and understanding how to use online health information, job searching and resume creation, digital storytelling, and other topics of interest to the population.
• Supervises Trainers and ensures consistency with curriculum.
• Schedules classes at FIGHT’s three locations and at any of the partner organizations with public computing centers.
• Develops and builds strong partnerships with partner organizations to provide computer training.
• Works closely with the Critical Path Digital Inclusion Supervisor and the Director of Education to interface with the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Technology and the Urban Affairs Coalition on grant contracts and deliverables.
• Serves on Planning Committees that are directly related to the work of Philadelphia FIGHT’s technology programs.
• Collects and reports data to the Critical Path Digital Inclusion Supervisor
• Teaches computer classes and staffs open lab access.
• Develops marketing and outreach materials for programmatic needs.
• Integrates Critical Path Internet Services into programming and enhances Critical Path’s suite of services.
• Represent the Technology program on committees with other FIGHT programs including Client Relations Committee, AIDS Education Month committees, and other appropriate committees as designated. BA, MA or MS degree preferred, in Education, Library Science, Instructional Design or other related field with experience teaching computer classes. Demonstrated aptitude for teaching and facility with computers and technology; excellent reading skills and deductive reasoning skills; excellent communications, interpersonal skills and collaborative skills; flexible, self-motivated, organized, able to work well under pressure; computer literacy required; knowledge of Spanish desirable. EOE
How to apply
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Stoneleigh Foundation Emerging Leader Fellowship: Addressing the Trauma and Fear Arising from Gun and Community Violence in Philadelphia’s Asian Communities – Jun 9
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.